PHILIPPINES, 6 January 2020 – HBO received four wins, the most awards for the night, at the 77th annual Golden Globe® Awards held in Los Angeles last night. Both “Chernobyl” and “Succession” both won 2 Golden Globe® awards each, including Best Television Limited Series or Motion Picture Made for Television and Best Television Series – Drama respectively.
HBO’s Golden Globe® wins this year include:
Two wins for “Succession”:
- Best Television Series – Drama
- Best Performance by an Actor in a Television Series – Drama (Brian Cox)
Two wins for “Chernobyl”:
- Best Television Limited Series or Motion Picture Made for Television
- Best Performance by an Actor in a Supporting Role in a Series, Limited Series or Motion Picture Made for Television (Stellan Skarsgård)
# # #
* “Chernobyl” and “Succession” tie with “Fleabag” for the most-nominated television program.
About HBO ASIA
Wholly owned by HBO (a subsidiary of WarnerMedia), Singapore-based HBO Asia brings the best of Hollywood to Asia first through its exclusive licensing deals with major Hollywood and independent studios, including Paramount Pictures, Universal Studios, Warner Bros., Lionsgate and DreamWorks Animation. HBO is available across 23 territories in Asia. HBO Asia has proprietary and award-winning HBO and HBO Asia Original programmes produced exclusively for HBO viewers. HBO Asia broadcasts five 24-hour commercial-free subscription movie channels: HBO, HBO Signature, HBO Family, HBO Hits and Cinemax; an Asian movie channel, Red by HBO; internet streaming platform, HBO GO; subscription video on demand (SVOD) service, HBO On Demand; and a branded SVOD service in China, 鼎级剧场 (ding ji ju chang). HBO Asia is also the exclusive distributor of BabyFirst channel in the region. Log on to www.hboasia.com for more information.
HBO and Home Box Office are service marks of Home Box Office, Inc. Used with permission